Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Family trip to Harrisburg, PA

We decided to take a trip to Hershey Park for Labor Day weekend. We spent three days and two nights in Harrisburg, PA. We had a great time!!

At the beginning of the park you measure yourself to see what type of candy bar you are (that way you know which rides you can go on).

I was a Jolly Rancher...
Neal was a wanna be Twizzler...


Leah was a Reece's Peanut Butter Cup...

Katie was a Hershey's Miniature...



I couldn't believe how many rides Leah could go on!! This park is very kid friendly! Her favorite ride was the Super Dooper Looper and the Comet, which I took a picture. I was also surprised that Katie went on every ride and loved it! Her favorite ride was the Canyon Cracker. The whole family sits in a log,twisting and winding through the water, the last part of the ride takes you down a steep plunge into the water. We bought a picture of this ride because the expressions on the girls faces are priceless!!!






We also went to Chocolate World. First, we took a chocolate tasting tour, yummy!!


Second, we went to the Really BIG 3D Show...



Third, we took a tour and watched the process of making various chocolate bars, fun!!
Last, we participated in various hands on activities... we took a picture of our family and put it on a giant candy bar. It read, "It's Sweet to be Stalkers!"





It was a great family trip, with a lot of great memories, good laughs and lots of junk food!!!!

2 comments:

Happy Home said...

I didn't realize that this park was SO kid friendly! I need to talk to Bram about taking us there:) What a fun trip. What hotel did you end up staying in?

Heather said...

We stayed at the Residence Inn, Marriot. It was only 9 miles from the park.