Sunday, March 20, 2011

Leah's 7th Birthday in New York!!

We celebrated Leah's birthday this weekend in New York! Leah was able to celebrate with her friends from school and gymnastics Friday night. We set off for New York Saturday morning...Leah fell in love with American Girl dolls after our first visit to New York, 2 years ago. We spent most of Saturday at the American Girl Store,what an experience!! It was little girl heaven (actually I was pretty excited myself, lol!).
Katie fell asleep for some of our visit (I have a lot more pictures of Katie sleeping, this little girl can sleep,lol!).


First Leah was off to the salon! Her doll got a facial, ears peirced and her hair done...

Too cute!!


Then Leah did some shopping around the store, I tried to get reservations for the cafe a couple of weeks ago and they were booked. But I thought I'd try and see if there were any cancellations...and we got lucky!!!!

WOW, so fun and girly!!! We ate in the Daisy Room, I had to take a lot of pictures! I loved the decorations and could see a great bedroom for Leah done in this color scheme!













This picture is to give you a feel for the "girly" details put into everything they sent out...

Katie got her second wind by this picture!

After dinner we found the Rockefeller Center...



After an exciting day Leah and her doll get into their matching p.j.'s...meanwhile Katie is jumping on dad!

The next morning we set off to find breakfast and a 1/2 marathon was going on, what a great place to have a race!! Katie knocked out again...

Katie woke up just in time to spot a horse and carriage!

We took a ride through Central Park...

It was pretty chilly as you can probably tell...


We also visited FAO Schwartz...

We LOVE candy!! You would think we don't let them have sugar!


Katie reading, she loves books! (I wish I could buy the chair)


The drive home...two wiped out little girls, hopefully dreaming of thier adventures in New York!

No comments: