Sunday, September 4, 2011

It's a new school year!

Grandpa flew in for a few days to go to a Bucs game with Neal and spend some time with the girls. We enjoyed having him and the girls were sad to see him go...but we'll see everyone soon on the Disney Cruise!! I've been super busy getting the girls ready for school as well as getting my classroom ready. It has been an interesting month especially with an earthquake and hurricane!! I have a new partner this year Ms. Jackie and I'm so excited to have her....I like to take pictures at the beginning of the year... I couldn't take pictures of the whole class since we had part of our room repainted, so I don't have as many pictures to show this year!


(You can't see it real well but the window has puzzle pieces with each of my students names on them-"We Fit Together to Make One Great Class!"




(When my students come in they sign their names and put their face on the "Who's Here Wall")





(This area speaks for itself-"Chill Zone")





(This is my parent board where we post our weekly newsletter, sign-up sheets, up coming events, words of the week, calendar etc... and are going to put the student's family photo's on the Family Tree below)




(this is part of my circle area- helper chart, calendar, daily schedule, class rules...*I'm in the process of making a solution chart)





(The backpack is used during learning centers as our center management system)





(Birthday board)

























I have Back to School Night this Thursday! I'm planning a lot of fun activities; I'll send the parents on a scavenger hunt to get to know the classroom, estimation jar and information packs! I even have cute handouts, they'll each leave with a bag of popcorn with a note saying, "Thanks for POPPING in Tonight!" I look forward to a busy but fun year!!

No comments: