So I've been crazy busy getting ready for the school year! You have no idea the amount of planning and energy go into getting a classroom ready...I just had to take pictures...
This is the front of the room, this weeks theme is Back to School..
.
"Sharp Students", I made pencils and wrote the names of each of my students.

This is the parent board located behind the door...

Here is my circle area, I made everything you can see...except for the letter train and calendar I bought those at the teacher's store...

I'm using the blue milk crate for the students portfolio's, I bought extra milk crates and I'm using them to hold books, hopefully my library will grow this year! I spend a lot of my time checking out library books, lol! Murphy the Dog is sitting next to the library...students will get an opportunity to take the dog and our journal home. They will write in the journal what they did together over the weekend. Then they will record their experiences and draw or take photos. They will also take turns taking the "Letter Bucket" home. What ever the letter of the week is they fill the bucket with household items that begin with that letter, fun fun!

This is one of my teacher cabinets, and I also brought in some of my resource books...the first week of school I had the children draw self-portraits, they turned out great!

The cubby tags are little buses and their names tags on the tables are pencils...
This is our Art Center...

This is another teacher cabinet, I use the shelves for my ABC activities, writing activities and math...

This is our Computer and Discovery Area...We used the pie graph and bar graph to put information that we gathered about each other the first week of school...

I got through back to school night, yeah!!! I hope this year goes great!!
4 comments:
Your classroom looks awesome!! I hope you have a wonderful year ahead of you!!
Heather your classroom looks like SO much fun!! Your kids are lucky to have you as their teacher! i am absoluty positive you will be the best most fun teacher they have! Have a good year!
I love your classroom!!!! You did so much and I can only imagine how many hours of work that was. I am happy for your new school year. Congrats on having Back to School Night behind you, it must feel good!
Wow!! That is the best dressed classroom I have ever seen!!! Megan would love to be in a classroom like that!! You are the kind of teacher that we need more of, you went above and beyond and your students are lucky to have you and will have an AWESOME school year!! I am sorry that I haven't kept in touch but our family thinks of you often and we miss you guys sooo much!! Megan keeps asking when we are going to visit Aunty Heather!! Happy belated birthday and you don't look a day over 23!!! Love ya!!
Post a Comment