Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Break

What a great week!! It was so nice to see my family from Texas! My sister is a big fan of the show "Ace of Cakes", so I had to bring her to Charm City Cakes in Baltimore.


!



I guess since the show is so popular they don't let people in the building. We also learned when we arrived that the windows are covered, even the mail slot! I was kind of hoping if we made big enough fools of ourselves they would let us in, but that didn't work!



















We had fun going shopping and getting our nails done...































Leah and Katie had fun playing with their cousins Sean and Seth...




While we were waiting to get seated at the Cheese Cake Factory, we took the girls to "Build A Bear." It was Katie's first time and she really got into the whole process, too cute!!














We also took our family to the D.C. Temple.





























We braved Washington D.C. in the rain on Saturday! The museums were packed not sure if it had to do with the rain or that it was Easter weekend? But we had fun seeing all the sights and riding the Merry Go Round.








































































































































It was such a fun and stress free week, I love you guys!!!

3 comments:

Melinda said...

That looks like so much fun!! I am so happy your family was able to visit and that you were able to relax and enjoy the whole time...you certainly deserved it!! We had the exact same experience at Charm City Cakes this last week...we even took pictures of their cars and they still didn't open the doors. LOL!

John H. said...

That is awesome that you live near Charm City Cakes. One day...some day, I would like to get a cool cake made by them.
I have been gone every weekend for the past 3 months and Easter weekend was my first home. It ended up being more stressful because of the change. But it was still fun for the kids.
It is awesome to see pictures of your mom. I saw Faith several times while I lived in Texas, but I haven't seen your mom since I left for college 13 years ago...and she still looks the same! Now I just need to find out what Chrissy is up to and I will be all caught up on your family.

The Merrifield Family said...

Twas such a fun weekend!!!! I can't seem to get my pics uploaded so I can't post my blog bleck!!! I love you and will talk to you soon!