Thursday, March 26, 2009

Go Wild Cats!!!

Last night was our first competition of the season. I was anxious to see how High School Gymnastics runs and how the other schools were doing. I'm very proud of my girls!! Last year at their final meet before County Championships their team all-around average was a 78.1. Last night our team all-around average was a 93.2! I got compliments from all the judges about the improvement so I was pumped up!

We still have a long way to go if we want to be competitive. The top three schools have club kids, which mean they have girl's that have competed all their lives and are on or were on club teams. Which puts our team and the other teams that don't have club gymnasts at a dis-advantage. Some of my girl's have some tumbling experience from cheer leading or from taking tumbling when they were younger but no experience on the uneven bars, beam or vault. So it's pretty impressive that they competed on all 4 events and did well. (we had two weeks to get routines together and prepare for this meet, Holy Cow Batman!!)

My goal for the girl's is to reach a 100 for our team all-around average by the end of the season. Were not going to focus on the other teams as much as we are going to try and compete against our selves and make improvements each meet. I also want to increase the level of difficulty in their routines, so we have a lot of work but I know we can do it!! (Arundel High School is in the green uniforms, the boys took 1st place last night and have been county champions for the last 3 years)
The girl's were so nervous last night! But after the meet they had a confidence boost! They were optimistic and ready to get back to the gym and work!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way to go! You are so motivating and talented! What a great reward for you too!